Cookie Bars


Cookie Bars

The other day, I was in my kitchen looking through my pantry to see if I could whip up something fairly quick that would satisfy my sweet tooth. I had a little bit of cookie butter left in a jar, Nutella, and a whole lot of chocolate chips. 

Cookie bars it is!

I used almond flour as my base because a) I had a lot of it and b) I wouldn't feel as guilty eating these bars... even though the sugar, cookie butter, Nutella, and chocolate chips definitely made up for the guilt. 😅

These bars are chewy, thick, and dreamy. And they will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth if you have these ingredients around in your kitchen!


Cookie Bars

COOKIE BARS:
Yields: approximately 12 squares

INGREDIENTS:
-1 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of AP flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of cookie butter
- 1/4 cup of Nutella
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- pinch of salt
- sea salt for garnish (optional)

TO MAKE:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the almond flour, AP flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the egg, milk, cookie butter, Nutella, and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything is combined. 
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread out evenly. I like to tap/shake the pan against the counter to ensure even baking. Top with some chocolate chips and sea salt, if using.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
7. Allow to cool completely before cutting and enjoying- this is a must or else the bars will crumble and not hold their shape.


Cookie Bars

Comments